On old galley kitchen was converted to a utility room (not pictured) and the original dining room was converted into a kitchen diner. Because this was originally a dining room the window cill was too low for the worktop so we had to raise the stone cill outside and make good the original brickwork.
The chimney breast was fully plastered when we commenced works; as we took the plaster off we uncovered a lovely brick arch which was unfortunately too low to get a cooker under. We did some remedial work on the brickwork and raised the arch by three courses, patched the brickwork, ground out and used acid to clean the brick and then pointed it transforming it into the stunner you see in the picture!
New flooring was laid after the kitchen fitted, new lighting and re-plastered throughout. A huge transformation.